Spring Equinox at home Retreat
Time & Location
About The Event
Spring Equinox at Home Retreat
20-21 March 2021
Saturday 10-9pm (ending with yoga nidra)
Once the light overtakes the dark, the sun becomes more powerful than night
Spring is natures New Year and represents awakening, healing, new ideas and energy and offers a resounding ‘you can do it’ for anyone who has wallowed in the darkness of winter for a little too long.
Onthe tipping point of the Equinox we move from one season into another- from winter into summer- and it is at precisely this point that we can start to bring more balance into our lives. However before moving forward into the light, the Equinox provides a moment to pause and reflect upon the necessity of both darkness and light in life. Without the darkness we don‘t truly appreciate the light.
Being held within retreat conditions we will co-create a safe and supportive space together, nurturing each other through sharing practices, active listening and building the foundation of friendship. We will explore our darkness and our light through meditation, group work, poetry, folklore and storytelling, periods of personal silent reflection, becoming intimate with nature and a soothing yoga nidra.
The retreat will be led by Claire, the founder of Wild Awake, a qualified and experienced meditation teacher, practicing Buddhist and nature connection guide. Claire loves holding spaces where people can be themselves and find their inner beauty and wisdom. She leads from the heart and from her love of nature.
What to expect from a retreat experience and how to set one up at home
A retreat is an immersive experience- and time just for you. We 'go on' retreat to leave what is familiar and what we gravitate towards for comfort or distraction behind (mobile phones, Netflix, comfort eating etc)- so you might find the temptation greater being at home. When we strip away the distractions we can be more intimate with the now where we can find peace, calm and contentment in the body and mind.
Here are some ways that might help support you to create retreat conditions at home:
- If you share a space/ home with others explain to them the importance of being undisturbed. I have found that once you share your requirements and express how important it is to you, that people can be very accommodating- even children
- Make time before the retreat to plan your expectations, intentions and needs: Why are you doing the retreat?, What do you hope to experience?, How can you ensure self-care? This could be as simple as committing to go for a walk, eating / making healthy simple food, staring out the window, drawing or writing.
- What practical things do you need to do eg; ‘out of office’ on your email, decide beforehand where you are going to practice and what you need - cushions, blankets, jug of water etc.
- Turn off all notifications on your phone- and put on silence/ switch it off. Notice when you are draw to the phone and resist the urge. Maybe give your phone to a family member or friend and ask them to give it to you at the end of the retreat.
- Most of all have fun and enjoy- remember to be playful and creative- this is a precious opportunity just for you- make the day your space for personal time.
- The retreat will be held on online, you will need a device that can support zoom
- The first session will start at 10am on Saturday and will conclude with a yoga nidra at 9pm. Experienced yoga teacher Karon Mee will lead you in the yoga nidra.
- The second session with start at 10am on Sunday and ends 12pm. Please make sure you can also attend this session because it will provide the conclusion to the retreat.
- You don’t require any special equipment (other than a device suitable for zoom) you will however need a blanket, cushions and a notebook and pen.
- We will be meditating as part of the retreat experience; you don’t need to have meditated before however if you are concerned about what this might involve please contact Claire before booking.
£0 there are a few bursary places available for those experiencing financial hardship – please contact Claire if you would like more information
For more info contact Claire 07990 974 462
- General Sale£40£400£0