Data Privacy Notice
This privacy notice outlines our commitment to keeping your data safe and secure and explains how we collect and process your data.
1. What is Personal Data? ‘Personal data’ means information that identifies a living person. This could include a person’s name, address, phone number or email address. ‘Personal data’ also means any personal information you provide to us. This may be by phone, text message (SMS), email, social media, letter and other correspondence, and in person. It can include IP addresses and other technical identifying information.
2. How we collect personal data. We may collect personal data directly from you during our interactions with you. For example, when you: • contact us via a webform on our website or by email, phone or via social media with an enquiry • when you Purchase any of our services • register to attend or attend one of our training courses or events • complete an evaluation form at one of our training courses or events
3. Who are we? Wild Awake Mindfulness is the data controller. This means we decide how your personal data is processed and for what purposes. We are a sole trader providing training services to organisations and individuals. Our contact details are: Website: www.wildawake-mindfulness.co.uk Email: firstname.lastname@example.org Tel: 07990 974 462
4. The personal information we collect. Examples of the information we may collect include: • Information such as your name and contact details including email address, telephone number, social media identities • The feedback that you share with us about our services and training. If you book onto an 8-week Mindfulness Course we will arrange for a telephone conversation to discuss your current mental and physical health. We will ask questions to help us to identify if your health is impacting on your ability to cope with everyday situations. We will not ask for medical records or for any medical history that is not directly relevant to your ability to take part in the course.
5. How do we use the information you provide? We use the data we collect to: • enable us to provide you with information about our services, training courses and events. • communicate with you about our services and training. • evaluate our services and training, using feedback you have provided. Wild Awake Mindfulness complies with its obligations under the Data Protection Act 2018 and the GDPR: • by keeping personal data up to date • by storing and destroying it securely • by not collecting or retaining excessive amounts of data • by protecting personal data from loss, misuse, unauthorised access and disclosure and by ensuring that appropriate technical measures are in place to protect personal data. All personal data is kept on a password protected laptop or in a secure password protected cloud and is not stored or transported on portable electronic devices such as memory sticks. • never sharing your personal data with third parties without your explicit consent. You have the right to object to how we process data if you wish. If you would like to exercise this right, please contact us using the information below.
6. Your marketing communication preferences. We will only send you marketing communications with your explicit consent. If you give us permission to contact you, we will always ensure that there is a clear way to opt out of receiving these communications. We will promptly update your contact details and preferences at your request.
7. How long do we keep your data? We will only keep your personal information for as long as it is necessary to provide the services and/or products that you have requested, or for essential purposes such as, complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, investigating disciplinary matters and enforcing our agreements.
9. Your rights and personal data. Unless subject to an exemption under the GDPR, you have the following rights with respect to your personal data: • the right to request a copy of your personal data which Wild Awake Mindfulness holds about you • the right to request that Wild Awake Mindfulness corrects any personal data if it is found to be inaccurate or out of date; • the right to request your personal data is erased where it is no longer necessary for Wild Awake Mindfulness to retain such data • the right to withdraw your consent to the processing at any time • the right to request that the data controller provide the data subject with their personal data and where possible, to transmit that data directly to another data controller, (known as the right to data portability) • the right, where there is a dispute in relation to the accuracy or processing of your personal data, to request a restriction is placed on further processing • the right to object to the processing of personal data • the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (www.ico.org.uk)
10. Accessing the information we hold about you. If you would like to see the information we hold about you, you can make a request in writing, by either email, or letter to: email@example.com We are committed to responding to any request to access your information promptly. We are also committed to making any corrections or updates as quickly as possible.
11. Changing your preferences about how we communicate with you. Simply contact us by phone: 07990974462, email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via the webform on our website: www.wildawake-mindfulness.co.uk if you would like to change your preferences about how we contact you.
12. Asking for your data to be deleted You can request that we stop using your personal data and delete it. In order to do this simply contact us by phone: 07990974462, email: email@example.com or via the webform on our website: www.wildawake-mindfulness.co.uk We may need to keep a minimum amount of information to ensure that we do not contact you again in the future.
13. Contact Details. We take our responsibilities around managing your personal data seriously. If you have a query, complaint or wish to exercise your rights in relation to the data we hold about you, in the first instance please contact Claire Morris: firstname.lastname@example.org, by phone: 07990974462 or via webform on our website: www.wildawake-mindfulness.co.uk You can contact the Information Commissioners Office on 03031231113 or via their website: https://ico.org.uk/global/contact-us/email/ or in writing Information Commissioner’s Office, Wycliffe House, Water Lane, Wilmslow, Cheshire. SK9 5AF.